- The University will be submitting a Facilities & Administrative (F&A) Cost Rate Proposal to the Department of Health and Human Services - Division of Cost Allocation on March 31, 2018. The base year for this proposal is FY2017.
- The F&A Cost Rate Proposal is a compilation of financial and space data used to calculate a rate to reimburse the University for overhead costs associated with sponsored research and other sponsored projects. The F&A rate is essentially an overhead rate.
- The last submission of the F&A Cost Rate Proposal was April 30, 2013 (base year FY2012).
- Current F&A Rate – FY 2017 and FY 2018 – 54%
- The space survey is a critical part of the F&A Cost Rate Proposal. The results of the survey determine how most of the facility costs (depreciation, interest, and operations and maintenance expenses) in the F&A cost proposal will be allocated to University functions such as Instruction and Organized Research.
Space Survey Timeline (Tentative)
- June 2017 – Space Survey Preparation
- Departments – Provide Surveyor and Department Approver and review Department Assignments
- July - August 2017 – Space Survey Training
- July - September 2017 – Conduct Space Survey
- September - November 2017 – Cost Accounting will review and complete the Space Survey